Home Media Delivery - Anywhere Access
PATIENTlOGIX™ Press Release Anywhere Access Launch|
The PatientLogix™ Anywhere Access Media Delivery System provides the ultimate in patient accessibility for Health Education media delivery. This system utilizes arrow-casting prescriptive processes which enable doctors and clinicians to deliver prescribed Health Educational media directly to the patient's computer, tablet or smart phone in a compelling video format. Follow-up Questionnaires, Patient Satisfaction Surveys and a wide range of other patient Health Education applications that the system delivers can drive patient comprehension and satisfaction to their highest levels with the right content, to the right patient, wherever that patient may be, at any time.
• Prescribed Surveys - Prescribe surveys to patients pre and post hospital stay
• Notification Feeds - Easy access and home page view with pop-up notifications to new or uncompleted video and survey prescriptions,
follow-up questionnaires, doctors' appointments and medication reminders
• Facilities - Access to hospital and or clinic coordinates and care giver contact information
• History - Access to all video and survey prescriptions and follow-up questionnaires
• Rate a Video - Patient's video rating feature enables clinicians to access patient's opinion of the quality and effectiveness of health
education video content
• Patient Forums - Provide patients the ability to share and post their health stories and experiences, discuss their issues and read how other
patients manage their medical issues benefiting patients that are facing the same diseases or upcoming medical procedures
• Mobile Messaging -Email communications to and from Nurse/Doctor and patient (TBA)
• Calendaring - Doctor Appointments and Medication Reminders (TBA)
• Invite a Family Member- Provide read only access for family members to assist patients remotely in their PatientLogixTM account (TBA)
• Clinician Mobile Phone Prescriptions - 5 click Clinician prescriptions (TBA)
• Wearable Devices - Monitoring, capturing and transmitting continuous vital signs data to hospitals or clinics (TBA)
HOW IT WORKS
Since PatientLogix(tm) is a Cloud based system, the patient can continue their education once discharged from the hospital or begin their education orientation prior to arriving to the hospital for a scheduled procedure in their home, or anywhere where the patient has access to the internet utilizing a unique PatientLogix(tm) ID number and password.
1. The Patient ID number can be printed out by the clinician and given to the patient in a credit card format to be referenced and conveniently used
for future visits to the hospital, clinic, doctor's office or the patient's home.
The access to Health Education from outside the hospital or clinic for patients will likely decrease the influx of a substantial portion of them
flowing back into the healthcare system by helping to reduce the "preventable re-admissions" and the enormous costs associated with them.
2. When a patient has been prescribed a video, it is assigned to their specific PatientLogix User ID number. This ensures only the patient
to whom the video has been prescribed to can view that video on their personal computer or media device.
3. Both the Follow-Up Questionnaire and the Patient Satisfaction Survey are also assigned to their specific PatientLogix User ID number
making the navigation for the patient to answer the questions as simple as clicking through or pressing a number on the screen
to reply to the questionnaires and or surveys.
4. In the Media Manager section of the Authoring Tool there is a feature that enables the administrator of the system to select specific
videos for a particular patient, perhaps based on the doctor's request. Once completed, the system will prompt the patient on their devices
via an email notification or on an in-application message that there is a video that has been prescribed for the patient to watch
or a survey to be taken.
Additionally the system tracks if the video was watched, report different statistics on comprehension levels and completion of videos watched.
The hospital can undertake measures to continue to improve its educational service and improve patient satisfaction equipped with this data.
5. Reporting on comprehension levels can be focussed on a specific patient or patients who actually viewed the video.
The PatientLogixTM Prescriptive Media Delivery System is a Cloud-based solution, where data is stored in a SQL database which can be easily accessed by authorized personnel for reporting purposes. The system although cost-effective, provides features typically found in more complex and costly solutions. At no time is patient privacy at risk of being compromised as personal patient information is never stored in the PatientLogix(tm) system and the anonymous data stored on the PatientLogix(tm) Cloud is compliant to HIPAA standards and procedures via the Microsoft Azure Cloud platform.
The PatientLogix(tm) Media Studio Cloud-based platform inclusive of the On-Demand, Prescribed, Mobile and Anywhere Access modules also eliminates the cost of keeping storage devices and expensive servers in the hospital or clinics premises. As well, when content providers request PatientLogix(tm) add, update or make changes to their video content, or when the PatientLogix(tm) software is updated with new features, they all immediately become available to PatientLogix(tm) subscribers without the need to call IT human resources to perform the updates as would be required in a typical in-hospital local solution.
NURSE EDUCATORS AND STAFF
After the initial PatientLogix(tm) Media Studio system setup is handled by a Patientel(tm) Networks authorized reseller, the hospital personnel and nurse educators are trained on the PatientLogix(tm) Authoring Tool that provides them with full control and management over the entire system.
1. Account Manager - The Administrator can create different users, user groups, user profiles, their shift schedules, and security settings
2. Facility Manager - Manages one or multiple facilities and the features available to them. This is also where rooms, new media players,
or features can either be added or removed from the service
3. User Manager - Allows the user to make changes to their own profile and password settings
4. Media Manager - This is an extensive section providing for the management of the following tasks:
a. Creating different video Groups (can be by supplier, subject, department, etc.).
b. Uploading files to the PatientLogix(tm) Cloud for their use only, or, if desired, to share with other hospitals.
c. Creating and editing the Video Guide. (In-Hospital or Clinic solution)
d. Making changes to the Hospital Information Channel (requires a channel-dedicated media player). (In-Hospital or Clinic solution)
e. Scheduling videos on one or more channels if desired, this is done with a simple drag and drop into a time sheet.
Provision is also built-in for special day schedules. (In-Hospital or Clinic solution)
f. Building the question(s) to test a patient that the video was understood. This section also gives a brief grand view of the overall results.
g. Building the questions for the satisfaction survey, this section also gives a brief grand view of the overall results.
5. Report Manager - Where a user chooses the criteria for various reports, saves them, and schedules delivery to a defined distribution list.
6. Notification Manager - Defines the criteria that trigger a notification by messaging or emailing to a defined distribution list,
where certain staff members need to be notified of poor comprehension, or poor performance in the Patient Satisfaction Survey.
This feature allows a hospital to be proactive in making sure the patients have the information they need, and improving the
level of service they receive.
The system does not require any equipment in the hospital or clinic to manage the Anywhere Access application as it is a completely cloud based solution.
WINDOWS ® 10 NATIVE
Patientel Networks is now pleased to announce the availability of the company's "Anywhere Access" web-based portal enabling patients, their families, and medical practitioners to access the complete PatientLogix Media Studio from any remote location (home, work, clinic) via digital devices; PC, Tablet, Windows® 10 (native) via Microsoft® Azure.